Unit 10 The World Around Us

Background information:
Students:40 high school students,Grade1
Lesson duration:45 minutes

Teaching aims:
◆        let students know some information about wild animals on the world
◆        Teach students the now words and phrases
◆        Learn the article and teach students how to get the main ideas
◆        Teach the present perfect tense(difficult and important point)
◆        Improve students’ realizations of protecting the wild animals (quality extension)

Teaching contents:
new words: the words list
phrase: do harmful to…,die out, as result, set up
present perfect tense  
extracurricular knowledge expansion

Teaching aids: blackboard, PPT, pictures, prop, games

Type of the lesson: communication ,speaking ,exercise

Teaching procedure:
step1:warm up(10mins)
Ⅰlet students know some information about wild animals on the world
(Teacher: good morning, boys and girls. I believe that all of you must have reviewed your books, right? so, now I want to know who has pet at home? and could you tell us how do you  take care of them? volunteer?
Student1:I have a cute dog and a cat in my house. They are good, now . I feed them on time, about three times every day.
Student2:I have a tortoise. I always judge the temperature of the water.
Teacher: wow, they are all lucky. do you know, in the world around us, lots of animal have died out .it means the animals doesn’t appear again! now, let’s know some information about these wild animals.

ⅡTeach students the now words and phrases(15minutes)
(Teacher: look at the picture. what is it?
Students: dinosaur
Teacher:yes,right .however, now we just can see them on TV.because they have died out. pay attention to the phrase. diet out, what’s meaning? you can try to guess it
Students:死亡。。。。。。灭绝。。。。消失
Teacher: very good. but you just guess its’ one meaning. let’s learn the phrase.
Teacherk, we have known the difference among the four phrases. who can produce a new sentence use one of them?
Student1: Plants often die down in winter.
Student2: The sound died away and silence reigned
Teacher: very good. look at the next wild animal. so lovely! pandas! lucky, they don’t die out. but they are endangered. do you know the names of the two panda. we set to Taiwan in 2008 ? yes, Tuan Tuan and YuanYuan. if you interested in the panda, you could search some information about them, and share it with classmates, ok?
Teacher: jungle?jungle is a forest in a tropical country where large numbers of tall trees and plants grow very close together.  it’s also a good environment for animals to live .but the number of them is still decrease every year. finally, let’s see a special graveyard.
Teacher: who knows it? and where is it? yes, it in Beijing. Till now, more than 140 kinds of wild Animals have already died out. one  tombstone represents one extinct animal .ok, do you know the difference between already and yet?
Teacher: let’s do a task. ok? please fill the blank space.)
Ⅲ Learn the article and teach students how to get the main ideas(15minutes)
(Teacher: now ,we need to learn the article. let’s see whether the article can provide us some ways to protect the wild animals. ok? first, we have to know what the information we can get from every paragraph. who can tell us what you got from the first paragraph?
Student:  Why is it important to protect the animals and plants?
Teacher: yes, very good. clap your hand for yourself! could you tell us the information you got from the second paragraph?

Student: Main reasons for endangered animals
Teacher: well done. thank you .please sit down. then who can tell us the information about paragraph 3?
Student: What should we do in order to live a better life?
Teacher: good. clever. ok, the paragraph1tells us……paragraph2tells us….paragraph3tells us….which one is the right answer of the question? please tell me.
Student: A
Teacher: good! let’s make the main idea for every paragraph. let we do it together! ok?
Teacher: discussion! ok, discuss with your partner. and three minutes later, please tell your ideas. ok? begin!
Teacher:and there also have two important organizations. they areIFAW and WCS .I believe that if all of person can try their best to protect environment and wild animals. the world will very peaceful! right? let’s see the lovely animals in a good living environment. please look at the video.
ⅣAfter watching the video. teacher need to teach the important grammar: present perfect tense(20minutes)
Ⅴconclusion(5minutes)
(Teacher: dear students, after this class ,not only do we learn the new words, phrases, and grammar. but we should understand the importance of animals in keeping the balance of the people and environment .right? ok, we all enjoy the class. looking forward the next time. now, please remember the homework on the ppt. I will check it tomorrow. bye~)
Homework:
  Ⅰ Recite the words and phrases
  Ⅱ Finish the practice after class
  Ⅲ Write a letter to the government and tell them your suggestions about how should we protect the wild animals.
teaching reflection:
(ps:if time wasn’t enough,the present perfect tense would  the next class teach)
高通过率教师招考教材
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

关注教师招考微信公众号

教师招考论坛 ( 闽ICP备14015709号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 15:57 , Processed in 0.078094 second(s), 22 queries , Gzip On.